What should I expect from private lessons?
I have several different types of courses to choose from, but you should be able to easily identify the one that works best for you. If you have any questions or want to know more specific information about any of my courses, please send me a message!
- A warm, welcoming environment that encourages you to speak. My teaching style is relaxed. My philosophy is that you learn best in an environment where you are comfortable. Because of this, I focus on having conversations with you, and I have a high percentage of "student speaking time".
- Correction of your speaking mistakes. I can correct by interrupting you in the moment, tying notes while you speak, or having a time of correction and instruction after you speak. You can choose which of these correction methods is best for you. Regardless, you will have honest, timely feedback from me in every lesson.
- Homework between lessons, if this is what you want. I can also prepare a lesson in which you don't need to do any homework. If you have a busy working schedule, this second option may work better for you.
- Information, guidance, and materials to improve on your own. If you want help for the best methods for your personal study time outside of class, I'm happy to provide that for you.
- For the courtesy of my other students, as well as my own sanity, I have a strict rescheduling policy. Please note that I do not reschedule lessons that are within 24 hours of the lesson time. If you are a new student, you need to read my Official Teaching Policies (see below). By scheduling a lesson with me, you agree to these policies.